Below is a list of news and resource updates for the COVID-19 pandemic and Shelter in Placer order.
M.C.A.R. Updates and Resources
Jan 14: Update on Upcoming Webinars and Trainings
Jan 13: PPP Update, Property Management Webinar
Jan 8: Recap of Important Upcoming Events
Jan 5: Important Dues Reminder, Upcoming YPN Legal Talk, Property Management Q and A, and 2021 Tax Updates
Dec 29: HAF’S Home Essentials Program, the Latest Economic Stimulus News from CAR, and State and National REALTOR Dues
Dec 28: Second COVID-19 Relief Package Signed into Law
Dec 19: MLS Rules & DRE Announcements
Dec 16: NAR Presents “First-Time Buyer” Series and the latest news from CAR
Dec 10: Guidance for MCAR REALTORS Under Gov. Newsom’s Dec. Stay at Home Order
Dec 7: Important information regarding curbside pickup of products at MCAR
Nov 23: Important Information About Proposition 19 Regulations and Upcoming zipForm Webinars
Nov 20: Sexual Harassment Training Requirement, MCAR Closed for Thanksgiving, and the Latest News from C.A.R.
Nov 9: Top Producers Panel Tomorrow, MCAR Closed for Veterans Day, YPN Save the Date and the Latest News from C.A.R.
Oct 23: MCAR Scholarship and Women’s Council of Realtors Fundraisers, and the Latest News from C.A.R.
Oct 13: Women’s Council of Realtors Charitable Fundraiser, Upcoming YPN Webinar, and a Message from N.A.R
Oct 10: Important DRE Announcement re. Landlord Rights and Responsibilities, YPN Gives Back Campaign Extended, and News from C.A.R.
Oct 6: C.A.R. Forms Release
Sep 29: Legal Talk Tomorrow and YPN Gives Back Campaign, Charitable Fundraiser Save the Date: Nov 5
Sep 25: Advertising Guidelines, Sign Laws, and the Latest News from YPN and C.A.R
Sep 17: Important DRE & CAR News, Remembering John Saar
Sep 9: Coffee with Your Gov. Affairs Director, Young Professionals Network Event, and the Latest Webinars and News from C.A.R.
Sep 2: MCAR Office Closure Reminder and the Latest News from C.A.R.
Aug 24: Important FEMA Announcement, MCAR Office Closed Labor Day, and Help to Master Your Technology
Aug 20: Important Wildfire Updates, Resources and Assistance
Aug 17: Coffee with your GAD and the Latest Tools and Webinars for Members
Aug 14: Important DRE Update and the Latest News and Event Reminder from C.A.R.
Aug 10: Important Upcoming Webinar and Education Opportunities
Aug 6: Education Opportunities Including DRE Approved Ethics and Risk Management, MCAR zipForms Webinar, and the latest news from C.A.R.
July 30: Reminder of Updated DRE Deadlines, zipForm Training Just for MCAR Members and the Latest News and Legal Tools from C.A.R.
July 23: Special zipForm Training Just for MCAR Members and the Latest News and Updates from C.A.R.
July 21: Coffee with your GAD, Important DRE Updates, and the Latest News from C.A.R.
July 16: MCAR Legal Update Recording, Important DRE Announcement, and the Latest News from C.A.R.
July 13: Register for Tomorrow’s Legal Update and More Upcoming Webinars
July 8: Important Updates on PUA and SBA Loans, Legal Update with Gov Hutchinson
July 2: Important Legal Update and Latest News from C.A.R. and N.A.R.
June 29: In Remembrance of Bob Bratty, Holiday Closure, Latest News from C.A.R.
June 26: Legal Update, Announcements from DRE, and the Latest News from CAR
June 23: Important Broker Insights, Member Information, and MLS Listings Announcement
June 19: In Remembrance of Ron Bird and See the Latest News from C.A.R
June 17: Important Announcements from NAR, DRE, and MLSListings, and the latest news from CAR
June 15: Coffee with your GAD and Important New Information from C.A.R. and MLSListings
June 12: Important Message from C.A.R. President and Upcoming Events
June 8: Important New Information and Webinars from C.A.R. and MLSListings
June 4: News from C.A.R., MLSListings and Upcoming Events
June 3: Important Message from MCAR President and Virtual Training Classes
June 1: Office Soft Opening
May 29: Billing Update and MLSlistings Market Outlook
May 28: Billing Notification, DRE Exams Update, News and Guidance from C.A.R.
May 26: Broker Insights and Tech Support Update
May 22: Updated Best Practices, Documents, and Tech Support
May 21: Water Inspections and News from C.A.R.
May 19: New Compliance Form, Monterey County COVID-19 Testing, and C.A.R. News Digest
May 14: Important Updates from DRE, CAR, MLSListings
May 12: Upcoming Dues and Virtual Events
May 9: Update on County Order
May 8: Gov. Newsom’s Updated Industry Guidance for Real Estate Transactions
May 7: MLSListings Virtual Open House Scheduling Tool – Do’s & Don’ts
May 6: Important Updates from MLSListings and C.A.R.
May 1: Update from DRE and Clarification on Updated Shelter in Place Order
May 1: Updated Shelter in Place Order for Monterey County
April 28: MCAR Alert: New Health Department Order and Help Resources
April 27: Important Information and Legal Update for MCAR Members
April 20: Important Update for MCAR Members
April 16: New Guidance from Monterey County Health Department on Vacant Properties
April 13: C.A.R. Tax Update and N.A.R. Resiliency Report
April 10: MCAR Updates and CAR Newsline Highlights
April 7: Realtors – Recent Recap and New Resources
April 3: Breaking News – Monterey County Classifies Real Estate as Essential Service
March 31: Important Guidance for MCAR Members
March 30: Covid Relief Hotline, Rental Management, and Transaction Resources
March 29: Important MCAR Announcement: Residential Real Estate Now Listed as Essential Service
CDC and local mandates still apply. Please click the link above and read the newsletter.
March 26: MLS Listings Rules Temporarily Relaxed During Shelter-in-Place
Includes changes to:
- Public Remarks
- Showing Requirement
- No Marketing While Withdrawn
- 1 Photo in 1 Day
March 25: Update from CA Department of Real Estate regarding licensing questions
March 23: MCAR Member Q&A Livestream
MCAR Newsletter, March 19: Very important info for MCAR members – MLS changes: DOM, Open Houses
MCAR Newsletter, March 17: Important Information for MCAR Members During Shelter in Place
C.A.R. Updates and Resources
COVID Relief Hotline: (213) 351-8450, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
June 5: Research Highlights: COVID-19 Housing Market Updates
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance FAQ Video Series
April 24: FAQ for Landlord Issues
April 21: Guidance for Employers
April 17: Relief FAQ for Agents
April 17: Relief FAQ for Brokers
April 16: C.A.R. releases three new and four updated forms for use during the coronavirus pandemic
The following are new forms:
- Coronavirus Lease/Rental Addendum or Amendment (Form CVA-LR), which can be attached to a lease agreement and creates a contractual agreement if the initial possession in the lease is affected by an unforeseen circumstance.
- Notice of Unforeseen Lease/Rental Coronavirus Circumstance (Form NUCC-LR), which is to be used when the CVA-LR is part of the lease agreement and one party has an unforeseen circumstance that impacts the ability to perform under the purchase agreement.
- Coronavirus Lease/Rental Property Entry Advisory and Declaration (PEAD-LR), is used for any visitor who is entering a property with a tenant or occupant, or when it is related to property management.
The following are forms that have been updated — if you have been using one of the following forms, be sure you switch to the updated version:
- Coronavirus Addendum or Amendment (Form CVA)
- Notice of Unforeseen Coronavirus Circumstance (Form NUCC)
- Listing Agreement Coronavirus Addendum or Amendment (Form RLA-CAA)
- Coronavirus Property Entry Advisory and Declaration (Form PEAD)
You can access all these forms here. The updated forms are set to go live in zipForm® on Friday, and the new forms will be available in zipForm® on Monday.
March 27 Important Update:
C.A.R. FINANCIAL RELIEF FOR REALTORS® Page
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act has been signed into law; vital relief for REALTORS® is on the way. C.A.R. worked with N.A.R. to ensure these REALTOR®-supporting provisions remained in the final bill:
- Forgivable Small Business Administration Loans – Under the CARES Act, self-employed independent contractors may qualify for forgivable SBA loans. Under this program, borrowers who take out 7(a) SBA loans between Feb. 15, 2020, and June 30, 2020 to cover payroll costs, mortgage interest, rents, and utility costs during the covered period may be forgiven. C.A.R. urged Congress to include this provision; as independent contractors, REALTORS® do not have access to the safety net of unemployment benefits afforded to millions during this crisis.
- Direct Payments to REALTORS® – Like many Americans, REALTORS® and their families with adjusted gross annual incomes of up to $75,000 will receive a rebate check of $1,200 ($2,400 for married couples with gross annual incomes up to $150,000). An additional $500 may be given per child in the household. This rebate amount decreases for incomes above those amounts and is completely phased out for individual incomes exceeding $99,000 ($198,000 married). These payments are expected to start going out in April.
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance – REALTORS® who are not otherwise eligible for unemployment insurance, such as independent contractors, will be able to obtain unemployment assistance for up to 39 weeks if they were negatively impacted as a result of COVID-19 between Jan. 27- Dec. 31, 2020.
For more information on how to access benefits included in the CARES Act, see our FAQs on Financial Resources for REALTORS® and Financial Resources for Brokers. We will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available.
March 26 Important Update:
Please read about important C.A.R. policy updates and member resources.
- Relief for REALTORS® as Independent Contractors
- Updates on Online Notary services and Real Estate as an Essential Service
- Resources for Members, Legal and Transaction Rescue Hotlines
March 25 Important Update:
Please click the following link for the most up-to-date information from C.A.R. on Covid-19. This is a very clear Q&A document that addresses what is and is not permissible as REALTORS® during the Shelter In Place Order. It also provides some great resources and links including SBA loans for REALTORS®.
March 24: C.A.R. releases second issue of California Coronavirus Weekly Recap newsletter
- Around the State: REALTORS® should conduct as much business as possible virtually
- The Market: C.A.R. currently forecasts home sales to decline in high single digits in 2020
- The Economy & Your Finances: Aid is on the way
- Health Check-Up: Covered California extends special enrollment period
March 20: C.A.R.’s Guidance on Governor’s Stay-at-Home Order
March 19: C.A.R. President Jeanne Radsick gives an update on new REALTOR® tools to deal with COVID-19
N.A.R. Updates and Resources
April 16: NAR’s Advocacy Work Toward COVID-19 Reief
April 10: IRS Extends More Tax Deadlines for Individuals, Businesses
March 27: Congress Clears Coronavirus Rescue Bill Filled with REALTOR® Benefits
Include’s N.A.R.’s comprehensive guide to all benefits for REALTORS®
March 26: NAR Wins Major Provisions for REALTORS®
U.S. Senate passed a $2 trillion COVID-19 economic relief package.
March 18: NAR Coronavirus Resources – Guidance for Property Owners & Employers
July 23: Monterey Weekly – C.A.R. statement on HUD’s roll back of rule that would weaken fair housing laws
June 2: Monterey Herald – Monterey County’s $660K median home price up 10% over last year
May 18: California housing market feels full brunt of coronavirus outbreak in April, C.A.R. reports
April 7: Important Reminder – All City Parks Closed
March 25: Statement to the Community Regarding the April 10th Property Tax Delinquency Date
March 20: Seaside Update Regarding Real Property Inspection Reports
March 19: Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce: Grocery Store Hours